Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education : Info, fees, Syllabus, Admission & Top 10 Institutes
10,000 - 2,00,000 INR Per Year
10th standard or its equivalent from a recognized board.
10+ Universities Offer this course
Get In Touch
About Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education
A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Distance Education is a 3-year course that provides a thorough understanding of mechanical systems, engineering materials, and manufacturing processes.
To enroll in a diploma in mechanical engineering via distance mode, students should excel in physics, chemistry, and mathematics during their 10th and 12th. Those who have completed a 12th education with a focus on these subjects (PCM) or have completed a 2-year ITI program can gain direct entry into the second year of a mechanical engineering program.
Mechanical engineers are professionals who research, design, develop, build, and test various mechanical and thermal devices, such as engines, HVAC systems, and tools. They work across diverse industries, including engineering services, research and development, and manufacturing, contributing to the design and production of products like medical devices and automobiles. These problem-solving experts play a crucial role in creating and improving mechanical systems and machines in a wide range of industries.
Mechanical engineers hold an important role across industries, and their expertise is in high demand. Their work significantly contributes to technological advancements, which, in turn, have a profound impact on society. This surging demand for mechanical engineers can often lead to stiff competition when seeking enrollment in colleges and programs focused on mechanical engineering.
As a result, pursuing a diploma in mechanical engineering distance education is a popular educational choice, showcasing the significance and opportunities in this field.
A diploma in mechanical engineering opens doors to various job opportunities. Which makes it important for aspiring students to carefully check the course and institution's validity before enrolling in college to ensure they get the best education and opportunities in mechanical engineering.
Is a diploma in electrical engineering through distance education valid?
A diploma in mechanical engineering attained through distance education typically faces challenges in terms of recognition. The guidelines established by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) play a significant role in this. These regulatory bodies have imposed a restriction on not offering engineering programs, including mechanical engineering, in a distance mode.
It means, a diploma in mechanical engineering earned through distance education is not valid. This is because regulatory bodies like the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) have established guidelines that restrict the offering of engineering programs, including mechanical engineering, through distance learning methods.
As a result, these diplomas may not be widely accepted, especially when dealing with government institutions, respected organizations, or when seeking licenses and certifications.
If you're determined to pursue mechanical engineering, you can explore another option. This means enrolling in part-time or correspondence diploma programs in civil engineering. Just make sure to thoroughly check the accreditation of the universities you plan to attend to ensure they meet the required standards.
Affiliation to check before selecting any university.
When you're in the process of choosing a university for a Diploma in Civil Engineering through distance education, it's of utmost importance to verify the affiliations and accreditations associated with the program. Paying attention to these key affiliations and accreditations can significantly impact the quality and recognition of your educational journey. Here are the essential ones to consider:
- University Grants Commission (UGC): The UGC is a regulatory body that evaluates and approves universities and their academic programs. It's essential to check if the university offering the diploma program is recognized by the UGC for the credibility of your qualification.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE): Particularly for engineering programs like civil engineering, AICTE's approval is a critical factor. It signifies that the program aligns with the essential standards in technical education, assuring students of a quality educational experience.
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU): AIU recognition carries weight, especially if you plan to pursue further studies or desire international acknowledgment for your diploma. AIU ensures that your qualification aligns with global education standards, enhancing its value and portability.
Top 10 Universities for a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Distance Education
Studying for a Mechanical Engineering Diploma online is a convenient way to access quality programs without the requirement to relocate. However, it's crucial to be aware that in India, UGC and AICTEregulations typically do not permit distance diploma engineering programs for mechanical engineering. Therefore, individuals interested in pursuing a diploma in Mechanical Engineering should look for regular universities offering these programs. Below, we have compiled a list of the top 10 universities that offer diploma courses in Mechanical Engineering:
- LPU Jalandhar - Lovely Professional University, Phagwara: Established in 2005, LPU is a renowned institution with state-of-the-art facilities and a strong focus on practical learning, making it an excellent choice for pursuing a diploma in mechanical engineering.
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Amethi: Founded in 2008, this institute specializes in petroleum engineering and allied disciplines, offering a unique educational experience for those interested in the field.
- VJTI Mumbai - Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai: Established in 1887, VJTI has a rich history of engineering education, making it a top choice for pursuing a diploma in mechanical engineering with a strong legacy.
- SLIET Longowal - Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal: Established in 1989, SLIET focuses on technical education and innovation, offering a comprehensive curriculum for students interested in mechanical engineering.
- NMIT Bangalore - Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore: Founded in 2001, NMIT is known for its modern infrastructure and industry connections, making it a great choice for mechanical engineering studies.
- MB College of Engineering and Technology, Mohan Babu University, Tirupati: This college, established under Mohan Babu University, offers a solid platform for pursuing a diploma in mechanical engineering with a strong academic foundation.
- NERIST Nirjuli - North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Nirjuli: Established in 1984, NERIST is a premier institute in the northeastern region, offering excellent opportunities for mechanical engineering students.
- GLA University, Mathura: Founded in 2010, GLA University provides a modern educational environment for those interested in pursuing a diploma in mechanical engineering.
- Kohinoor Technical Institute, Mumbai: With a long history dating back to 1961, this institute offers practical training and skill development in mechanical engineering.
- Himalayiya University, Dehradun: Established in 2013, Himalayiya University provides a contemporary setting for students pursuing a diploma in mechanical engineering, emphasizing a holistic learning approach.
Advantages of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering through Distance Education
The advantages of pursuing a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering through distance education are:
- Career Changers: Professionals seeking a change in their careers often choose a distance diploma in mechanical engineering through remote learning. This option allows them to explore new opportunities without interrupting their current commitments, making it possible to transition while working in their current job.
- Technical Enthusiasts: Distance learning appeals to individuals with a profound interest in mechanics, machines, and technical systems. For students who suddenly discover their technical passion, pursuing a mechanical engineering diploma through distance education allows them to make the switch without disrupting their current situation.
- Aspiring Engineer: Individuals with dreams of becoming engineers often start their journey with a distance diploma in mechanical engineering, a flexible option that serves as a stepping stone to higher education and advanced engineering degrees without the need for physical presence.
- Problem-Solving: The remote learning environment encourages problem-solving through collaborative online discussions and virtual teamwork, enabling distance learners to cultivate the innovative problem-solving skills that mechanical engineers are known for.
- Financially Rewarding: Pursuing a distance diploma in mechanical engineering can pave the way to financially rewarding careers. Remote students have the opportunity to relish competitive salaries and promising career prospects, all while studying from their preferred locations without interrupting their current commitments.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education Duration
A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering through Distance Education is typically of 3 years.
Eligible students may opt for lateral entry, reducing the program duration to 2 years.
Lateral entry permits qualified students to skip the first year and directly enter the second year of the program.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education Eligibility
The typical eligibility criteria for enrolling in a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering through distance education commonly include:
- Students are generally expected to have successfully completed their 10th standard or an equivalent qualification from a recognized educational board.
- Eligibility for lateral entry is based on completion of 12th grade with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) or a two-year ITI (Industrial Training Institute) program.
Fees for Diploma In Mechanical Engineering Distance Education
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering fees in India vary by institute and mode of education.
- Course fees typically range from INR 10,000 to INR 2,00,000 approximately.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education Syllabus
The syllabus includes 6 semesters. Here's a general form of what you'll study in each semester of the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering program.
|Design of Machine Elements
|Communication Skills (English)
|Strength of Materials
|Theory of Machines
|Power Plant Engineering
|Fluid Mechanics and Machinery
|Basic Civil Engineering
|Metrology and Quality Control
|Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
|Basic Computer Skills
|Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing
|Non-Conventional Energy Sources
|Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Syllabus can vary depending on the institution you choose for your studies. The core subjects in mechanical engineering, such as fluid mechanics, manufacturing technology, machine theory, and more, are part of the standardized curriculum adopted by universities across various states. To access detailed semester-wise syllabus, you can visit the official websites of the colleges and universities offering this program.
Admission Process for Mechanical Engineering Distance Education
- Look for Institutes that offer a distance education Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Check admission requirements, typically needing a 10th class certificate from a recognized board and meeting specific criteria.
- Visit your chosen institute's official website to get the application form. Most schools offer both online and offline application methods.
- Complete the application form thoroughly, ensuring accuracy, and include necessary documents like educational certificates and ID proof.
- Follow the school's guidelines for submitting the application, whether online or offline. If there's an entrance exam, prepare accordingly.
- For merit-based selection, remember that your 10th-grade marks play a significant role in your admission chances.
Documents Required for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education
The documentation necessary for a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering through distance education can differ based on the institution offering the program. Based on our research, here's a list of some common documents that institutions may require:
- 10th std mark sheets and certificates
- A government-issued ID card, like an Aadhaar card, for identity verification
- Recent passport-sized photographs
- Address Proof
Career opportunities after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Distance Education
Upon successfully completing a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in India, graduates gain access to a diverse range of employment opportunities within the field of mechanical engineering. Some of the available job roles for diploma holders in Mechanical Engineering in India include:
- Mechanical Engineer: These professionals are engaged in the design, development, and testing of mechanical devices across industries like aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and energy. They create blueprints, analyze data, and evaluate prototypes.
- Quality Control Engineer: Quality control engineers play a pivotal role in ensuring that products adhere to prescribed quality standards. They conduct tests, inspect products, identify defects, and propose enhancements.
- Maintenance Engineer: Maintenance engineers are entrusted with the responsibility of upholding and repairing mechanical equipment. Their role encompasses ensuring the seamless operation of machinery and troubleshooting any malfunctions.
- Production Supervisor: Production supervisors oversee and streamline the production process. They manage production teams, schedule runs, and verify that products meet specified quality criteria.
- Automotive Engineer: Automotive engineers specialize in the design and development of vehicles, including cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Their duties encompass blueprint creation, prototype testing, and ensuring compliance with safety and environmental standards.
- Tool Engineer: Tool engineers focus on designing and developing tools and equipment utilized in manufacturing processes. They craft blueprints, assess prototypes, and verify that the tools align with quality standards.
- Technical Engineer: Technical engineers deliver technical support to clients and customers. They troubleshoot technical issues, provide expert guidance, and confirm that products conform to the required quality benchmarks.
After earning a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in India, students have many academic options as well to explore. Some of the choices after completing the diploma include:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering (M.E) in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Mechanical Engineering
These academic paths help students enhance their knowledge and broaden their horizons in the dynamic field of Mechanical Engineering.