Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering: Info, fees, Syllabus, Admission & Top 10 Institutes
30,000 - 5,00,000 INR Per Year
10th standard or its equivalent from a recognized board.
10+ Universities Offer this course
Get In Touch
About Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering program has a duration of 3 years. To qualify for admission into this course, candidates must possess a valid 10th qualification.
If you want to get admitted to an electrical and electronics engineering diploma program, it's recommended to focus on your physics, chemistry, and math during your 10th. Individuals who have effectively completed 12th (PCM) or 2 year ITI (Industrial Training Institute) program can opt for lateral entry or direct admission into the second year of the electrical engineering diploma program.
This program is carefully crafted to equip students with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in various industries, such as power generation, telecommunications, and manufacturing. Electrical and electronics engineering explores electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism, covering sub-disciplines like power, optoelectronics, digital and analog electronics, computer science, artificial intelligence, control systems, electronics, and signal processing.
After completion of this program, students are prepared for a wide range of career opportunities, including electrical and electronics engineering roles, technician positions, electricians, project managers, technical writers, research and development specialists, and teaching.
Is a diploma in electrical and electronics engineering through distance education valid?
- Recognition by UGC and AICTE: It's important to note that the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) in India do not approve technical and engineering courses, including Electrical and Electronics Engineering, for distance education.
- Validity Concerns: As a result, such distance diploma programs might not be considered valid for certain purposes, particularly in the context of government jobs and some other employment opportunities.
- Research and Confirmation: If you are considering pursuing a diploma in these fields through distance education, it's highly advisable to conduct thorough research and confirm the validity and acceptance of the specific program offered by the institution.
- Choose Recognized Programs: To ensure the validity and future prospects of your diploma, it is recommended to select programs that are recognized by the relevant regulatory authorities.
If you're still interested in pursuing a diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, it's recommended to explore part-time or correspondence programs offered by traditional universities rather than opting for distance education.
Affiliation to check before selecting any university.
When searching for a distance education diploma in electrical and electronics engineering, it's important to carefully check the program's affiliations and accreditations. These elements have a big impact on the quality and recognition of your education. Here are the main things to consider:
- University Grants Commission (UGC): The UGC serves as the regulatory authority that assesses and approves universities and their academic programs. Ensuring that the university offering your diploma program is recognized by the UGC is crucial to establish the credibility of your qualification.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE): In the case of engineering programs, AICTE's approval is of utmost importance. It guarantees that the program complies with the essential standards in technical education, providing students with a high-quality educational experience.
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU): AIU recognition is particularly valuable if you plan to pursue further studies or seek international acknowledgment for your diploma. AIU ensures that your qualification aligns with global education standards, thereby enhancing its value and international recognition.
A university with good accreditation can set you up well for your future ambitions.
Top 10 Universities for a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Distance Education
- NSIT Patna - Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Patna: NSIT Patna is a prominent technical institution with a rich history. It has consistently provided quality education in various fields, including Electrical and Electronics Engineering. It's a great choice for those seeking a diploma in this field.
- Swami Vivekanand University, Sagar: With a commitment to excellence in education, Swami Vivekanand University in Sagar has a strong reputation for offering programs like a diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- JS University, Shikohabad: JS University has been a hub of learning for years. It offers comprehensive courses, making it an excellent choice for those interested in pursuing a diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- NMIT Bangalore - Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology: Located in the tech hub of India, NMIT Bangalore has a history of producing skilled engineers. It's an ideal institution for those looking to excel in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Sarala Birla University, Ranchi: Sarala Birla University in Ranchi has a legacy of providing high-quality education. It's a great place for individuals aspiring to earn a diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Aditya Institute Of Technology And Management, Tekkali: Known for its dedication to technical education, Aditya Institute offers opportunities for students to excel in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- GMIT Davanagere - GM Institute of Technology, Davangere: GMIT has a strong academic heritage and is known for its focus on engineering disciplines, including Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Mangalayatan University, Aligarh: Mangalayatan University is committed to holistic education and offers a conducive environment for students interested in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- William Carey University, Shillong: William Carey University has a history of providing quality education. It's a suitable choice for those seeking a diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- YBN University, Ranchi: YBN University in Ranchi is committed to academic excellence and offers a range of programs, including a diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Benefits of a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Distance Education
- Adaptable Learning: Distance Diploma in Electrical and Electronics offers the flexibility to study at your own pace, making it an ideal choice for those who work or have other commitments. You can manage your own study schedule.
- Employer Recognition: Employers increasingly accept and value distance learning diploma courses in Electrical Engineering. This recognition has significantly improved job prospects for distance learning students, offering equal opportunities as traditional students.
- Time and Cost Saving: Pursuing a diploma after the 10th grade is a time and cost-effective option. It can be completed through distance education or part-time courses, saving time, effort, and money.
Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Eligibility
You usually need to have completed your 10th standard or an equivalent qualification from a recognized educational board.
Some institutions may ask that you've passed your 12th grade with specific subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) or 2 years of ITI (Industrial Training Institute) program for lateral entry.
Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Duration
A Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering through Distance Education typically takes 3 years to complete.
Eligible students can opt for a 2-year program through a lateral entry option. Lateral entry enables qualified students to skip the first year and directly enter the 2nd year of the electrical engineering program.
Lateral entry eligibility is based on successfully completing the 12th grade with a focus on PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) or having completed a 2-year ITI (Industrial Training Institute) program.
Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Fees
- Fee Variability: The course fees for this diploma program can vary significantly based on the college or institution offering it.
- Average Range: Typically, the course fee for completing this diploma program falls within an approximate range of INR 30,000 to INR 5,00,000.
- Public vs. Private Colleges: Public colleges and government institutions often offer more budget-friendly fee structures, whereas private colleges may have higher tuition fees.
It's advisable for students to thoroughly research and compare the fee structures of different colleges to make a well-informed decision aligning with their budget and preferences.
|Public Colleges (average)
|3.80K - 1.51L
|Average fees in India
|10,000 - 1 LPA
|Distance Education (typical course fee)
|15,000 - 35,000 p.a.
Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Syllabus
The program is of 6 semesters, and here's a basic summary of the topics covered in each semester of the Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
|Applied Science, Applied Mathematics I, English Communication, Mechanical Engg. Sciences, Electrical Circuits
|Applied Mathematics II, Electrical Machines, Electrical Measurements Lab, Electronics, Electrical Workshop
|Electrical Power, Electrical Power Generation, Electrical Power Transmission, Electrical Power Distribution, Electrical Power Utilization
|Electrical Estimation and Costing, Electrical Designing, Electrical Wiring, Electrical Maintenance, Electrical Safety
|Microprocessors, Digital Electronics, Control Systems, Electrical Drives, Electrical Instrumentation
|Industrial Electronics, Electrical Machines Design, Electrical System Design, Electrical System Analysis, Project Work
The subjects of the syllabus may vary depending on the particular university or college.
Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Admission process
The admission process for a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering can vary depending on the institution offering the course. However, it typically involves the following general steps:
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates need to meet the institution's eligibility criteria, which may encompass minimum educational qualifications, age limits, and other prerequisites.
- Application Form: Candidates are required to complete the application form for the course, which can be obtained either online or offline, depending on the institution's procedure.
- Document Submission: Along with the application form, candidates must submit the necessary documents, including mark sheets, certificates, identity proof, and other relevant records.
- Admission: Finally, candidates selected for admission need to complete the admission formalities, including fee payment and document submission.
Documents required for Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The documents needed for admission in a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering program include:
- Mark sheet of 10th standard or equivalent
- Passport size photographs
- Identity proof (Aadhaar card, voter ID, etc.)
- Address Proof
Career opportunities after Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Distance Education
After completing a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, a multitude of career opportunities awaits across various industries. Here's a range of job profiles and career options to consider:
- Electrical Engineer: These professionals specialize in designing, developing, and maintaining electrical systems and equipment, finding employment in diverse sectors like power generation, telecommunications, and manufacturing.
- Electronics Engineer: Electronics engineers are experts in designing, developing, and maintaining electronic systems and equipment. Their expertise is valued in industries spanning telecommunications, IT, and gaming.
- Electrical Technician: In this role, individuals install, maintain, and repair electrical systems and equipment, with applications across industries like construction, manufacturing, and power generation.
- Electrician: Electricians are skilled in installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical systems and equipment. They find opportunities in various sectors, including construction, manufacturing, and power generation.
- Control Engineer: Control engineers focus on the design, development, and maintenance of control systems in industries such as manufacturing, power generation, and transportation.
- Project Engineer: Project engineers play a pivotal role in managing and overseeing engineering projects from inception to completion. They contribute their expertise in industries like construction, manufacturing, and power generation.
- Technical Writer: Technical writers are responsible for crafting technical documents such as user manuals, instruction manuals, and technical reports. Their skills are sought after in sectors like IT, manufacturing, and telecommunications.
- Research and Development Engineer: These engineers are at the forefront of designing and developing new products and technologies, with applications in industries such as electronics, telecommunications, and manufacturing.
- Teaching: For those inclined towards education, pursuing a Bachelor's degree and a Ph.D. in the field can open up opportunities in teaching after completing a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.